Friday, September 16, 2011

September Prime Time

Gonna use this here afghan that I finished for this month because I haven't sewn my veil to the comb yet, so I don't have any nice drapey pictures to show it off yet.

The pattern is the Washed Ashore Afghan by Lion Brand. I ran out of yarn before I could finish the pattern, but it's still at least 1200 yards of crochet, if not more, so it qualifies! I used an M/N hook. I have gifted it to a coworker for use in his man-cave at home.



The yarn is some discontinued imported yarn called Unger Le Tweed and claims to be hand-wash only, but I washed it on low spin cycle in cold water, and then tumble-dried low for a bit, and it came out fine. It's mostly acrylic and synthetic type yarns, so I figured as long as I didn't let it get too hot it'd be alright.

If you wanted to see my original blog post for this project, click here.

No comments: