Thursday, June 2, 2011

May Prime Time - Post #3!

Happy June everyone! I finished up a few projects this month and thought I'd share. Earlier I posted my 2nd Rodekool scarf, made for my oldest sister. It turned out great. Then I made Sunday Swing socks for my mother for Mother's Day, a small purse for my daughter for Prom, an Animal Crackers Hat for Maggie as well and a pair of flip flop socks - Flippants for my sister Mary.

Now for some details! The Rodekool scarf was knit with 230 yards of Mini Mochi in Brandied Apricots and Caramel Latte. I used Dream In Color Smooshy Good Luck Jade for the Sunday Swing Socks (351 yards). For the Silk Purse, I tried some Laines Du Nord Mulberry Silk and mixed it with Ironstone Paris Nights - about 100 yards. The Animal Crackers Hat was made from all leftover skeins of Brown Sheep Lambs Pride and Cascade - about 179 yards total! Finally, Flippants was made with leftover Panda Superwash in Evening Blues and only needed 84 yards. Total yards knitted in May was 944.







May was a very productive month - glad I got my knitting mojo back! I can't wait to show you guys the shawl I'm working on with Panda Silk in Strawberry Fields. I had several balls of it in my stash to make pink ribbon socks but decided that it would make a lovely Maiden Shawl by Marla Mutch.

No comments: