Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Progress on Olympic Project

I have my first sock finished for the Olympic KAL, it always amazes me how much yarn is in a ball of CPY, the balls look so small. I think this sock could qualify for three events. Olympic Spirit and Freestyle Skiing for sure, but I am thinking it could also qualify for Nordic Combined. I break up the horseshoe pattern with 4 rows of garter stitch. I like the effect.


I had to take a break will making the second sock today, my hand was hurting (carpal tunnel?) so I switched to crocheting in hoping it would hurt as much. so I started a hat and scarf set in my country's colors. I did spend some time in the U.K. while I was still in the military so I did choose it as my country for this KAL.


It is going to be a hat and scarf set. I might not get this project finished in time, my priority will have to be to get the sock finished first.

No comments: