Friday, June 5, 2009
Although I have a spinning wheel, I sometimes find it relaxing to grab a spindle. The fiber was part of a swap box (favourite things swap) and was added to fill the space. My estimate is that it is approximately 25-50 grams. I am not done spinning it all up, but love the way how it goes through the hands.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
I used 350 meter Regia 4 fädig.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Last week I have been very busy. I had pain and had to stay at home completely. So I tried to work my pain away. Here are my projects so far:
The green socks actually are emerald green, a stunning colour I achieved for the first time. Now I have to learn how to manipulate my digi to show the right colour. A neverending story.
Here is another Maggie bag coming, without straps yet and before fulling, hence a progress pic.
Then there are my His-Socks. It is a very delicate yarn of silk, bamboo and merino, which he should not wear as hiking socks. But my dear husband was so constantly murmuring how nice indeed the herringbone socks were and so truly unisex a pattern....
I simply had to do a variation for him. Here are my Hers-socks, which some might remember from last years´ TdF-KAL.
And then there is Mrs.Esther Nurse from Sheringham´s pattern which I had to do for a basic summer top to be worn over a shirt, made from sheer bamboo. It was a terrible yarn for knitting as it glides faster than a bamboo needle could stop it. But it might be what I wanted: something to wear when it is hot, covering all the curves I want to be hidden.
Monday, June 1, 2009
the pattern is knit flat and then sewn together. i hate sewing things together but did that for the first pair just so i could see the construction. this pair, i am playing with the pattern and am trying to knit it in the round. i think i will be compromising on this in the future and will knit the cuff in the round and then complete the rest of the sox knitting back and forth. i don't like purling either. :oP haven't deciding whether i dislike purling or sewing more.
i have been working away on the mate for my waterlilies sock since last week. got to the end of the toe and took my progress shot. hey, i was on a roll!
The yarn for the red socks is Regia 4 ply. For the other pair I used a whopping 390 meters.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Not sure what one would call these, slipper socks, maybe, yes, another felted item, I am kind of pattern bashing on these, using the stitch count from one pattern, then am thinking I might duplicate-stitch a small pattern on them, not sure yet. Anyway, these will be for June.
It has been a loooong month between driver's ed and baseball games 3x a week with my oldest and track meets for my youngest. It finally hit the fan last Sunday when my oldest (15 1/2) ended up in the hospital overnight on IV's from dehydration due to a nasty bug he caught. While we were able to bring him home the next day, his hands are still a little numb (we were told it should resolve itself...), and his liver enzymes are high and we don't yet know why. Back for more bloodwork next Friday.
I did get my knitting done, nothing exciting, more felted items, the pink hat and mittens are for a friend in the nursing home, the green mittens might go to my hubby, not sure if they really are big enough. Total yardage = 675yds (hat = 190, green mittens = 275, pink mittens = 210).