Thursday, April 8, 2010

Market Bag - April Project Finished




Here is my finished project for April. It's amazing the knitting you can get done when you are off of work! This one only took me 5 days to complete. This is the "Fantasy Naturale" pattern off of Ravelry and was made for my Knit Bits swap group. My partner said she liked the color purple. I used three balls of Lily Sugar'n Cream - One in Hot Purple and Two in Violet Veil Umbre. 300 yards total.

I had never tried to make a market bag before and am very happy with the results. It has a really solid garter stitch base and then a simple lace pattern for the body. The handles were made with a bind off/cast on method and are strong. I tried a very heavy bottle of wine in it and it did just fine. My Mom is holding the bag in the one photo with three extra large skeins of yarn in it.

1 comment:

peacockmom said...

Good on'ya and they say here down under. I think I need to make one of these, too. Glad you told us how strong it is. :)