Monday, May 3, 2010

April FOs

Hi everyone - I had a busy month, getting a bunch of things finished that I started earlier in the year.

First up is my Seneca sweater which I'm absolutely thrilled with! I started this in mid-February and finished it on April 4. The designer is Jared Flood and the yarn is Madelinetosh Vintage - the colorway is Tart. I used 1233 yards (thank heavens for friends with scraps!).



I started my son's sweater on January 9 - it's a rugby sweater from Knitpicks and a sad tale indeed. I first made him a sweater last year from KP worsted weight and it now fits the cat! Here he is looking sad that the sweater shrank, wearing his new sweater:


And modeling the new sweater:


I used 1400 yards of Plymouth Encore DK for this sweater. It was a fast, fun knit. ETA: I forgot to take an in progress picture so I realize this one doesn't count - but wanted to show you my "ugh" - so, so sad...

And finally - tah dah! I finished my Frog Pond Socks, designed by our own Adrienne Fong. Loved this pattern! I used about 350 yards of Madelinetosh Sock in colorway Fathom. I started these socks March 16. They would have gone faster but I had to knit a seekrit sample sock in between. Hopefully I can post photos of that soon!

2 comments:

adrienne said...

you know i love your socks! of course, i may be a wee bit partial here. LOL!

sam is hilarious but he does look very happy in his new sweater. mom must love him a lot to knit it twice.

and mom looks most smug with herself in her new, gorgeous sweater! you want my measurements?! :oP

Kate said...

Your Seneca sweater is beautiful!