Monday, September 6, 2010

September knitting

I finished one small thing, so small there is no in progress photo. I'll show it again with something else, so it will count then. The basic pattern is Ann Norling's Fruit Hat pattern, with a flower from Nicky Epstien's Embellishment book. Yardage is under 100 yds in worsted weight yarn.

A slow progress project is my Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting. It's slow, because I only work on it when I watch TV and want mindless knitting. Easy Stockinette fills the bill. The yarn is dishcloth cotton left over from a jacket I made.

There are socks on the needles. The Ravelry SKA Mystery sock by Adrianne Fong. Is at sock #1, Clue #1. I plan to keep these.

Ravelry Solid socks is having a brown month. I have a Ram Club pattern. The given yarn would not have been enough for a man's sock, so substitution has been made. This yardage will fit DH's feet, even if I have to make the last toe with something else. Current yarn is Hazel Knits Artisan Sock. The pattern really pops.

The SKA group also has a color of the month, black, or white, or black/white. I have black yarn, Bernat Sox in Jet Hot. Pattern is from Sock Innovation by Cookie A. Glynis is what was chosen. These will go to a granddaughter.

No comments: