Saturday, June 18, 2011

June Projects





Lots of things to post today. First, I finally finished the Dragon Melody Shawl. This may become my all time favorite. It was easy to knit, although the edging took longer than the entire rest of the shawl. I didn't think I would ever finish it, but when I did it was well worth the effort. It took about 1485 yards of Jojoland Melody Superwash in Blue Dream, a variegated purple to teal. I can't remember whether I posted the progress photo which was taken before starting the edging, so I am posting that along with the finished photo. Please note that the colors in the progress photo are more accurate than the completed photo, where they look very washed out.

I have also started 2 pairs of socks. The first is a pair of Double Tadpole. I loved the Tadpole Socks so much that I am using the pattern again but knitting the pattern on both the front and back of the leg. I am using Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Mexiko Cotton Stretch in variegated pink.


I also started a pair of plain socks, stockinette with a ribbed cuff, in Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Cotton Top & Top Color.
These will look like fair isle, which I love. I can't wait to see how the pattern develops as I knit them.

No comments: