Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a weekend



What a weekend! I had hoped to do a lot, but that went different. Beautiful weather... and I was sick. Pollen attack - and I had to spend a lot of time feeling miserable in bed. I did not do much knitting, but did make a little progress on my shawl. I also need to make a lot of pictures, among them of the traveling scarf, that needs to be sent along next week. My piece is done... but needs photo.

And then last night... A major thunderstorm was circling around and around and it seemed that it did not want to stop. This morning around four we had to get out as DH had an early shift, and it was raining so hard, with constant thunder that it scared me. It seemed that the thunderstorm was stuck between the river Rotte and a few train tracks... it sure was heavy!

4 comments:

jdhforjc said...

I hate thunderstorms too. Where do you live? I am in McMinnville, Oregon USA. My son loves maps and we can find where you live.
Hope they stopped.
knit on,
Jody

Bianca said...

hi Jody,

I am living in The Netherlands, in Lansingerland, north of Rotterdam. The thunderstorms stopped indeed, although it rained throughout the day. Let me know if your son can find Lansingerland :-)

SimplyMe said...

wow, four in the morning is not a good time. Yikes, that's early. Glad the thunderstorm finally found it's way out of your area. And the allergies. Bah. I bet it was windy before the attack that sent you to bed. I hate wind. BAH!!!!

Here's to sunshiny days ahead.

peacockmom said...

I can certainly relate to your fear of thunderstorms. We live on a hill and sometimes see them in all 4 directions at the same time. One seemed stalled directly over our house in the middle of the night which made it seem worse. The wind and the pollen are the worst for me in autumn living in a forest (allergic to molds). Not a good combination for an asthmatic. I'll be thinking of you next time I hear thunder. Hope you feel better now and the storm is over.