Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A few starts and a finish

I jumped on the shawl KAL with a few others. Here is mine through clue 2.

My MIL is having shoulder replacement surgery so I planned on making her a few shawls to wear after wards. Above is the start of Traveling Women for her.
This also is for her, it is 198 Yds of Heaven. But, I am using a thicker yarn, so mine will take more and be a bit warmer for MIL.
I did finish and block the Traveling Women. Blocking was interesting due to the curve of the neckline.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Nice work Debi, I jumped onto the shawl KAL as well, but haven't started yet due to finishing off projects. Looks like it will be very pretty. You MIL is a lucky lady to be receiving your beautiful shawls. What yarn did you use for the Travelling Woman Shawl?

Brenda in Alberta

debi's place said...

Thanks for the kind words.

The yarn for the Traveling Women is Dream in Color Knitosophy. It is not as soft as the smoochy even though they use the same base yarn.