Thursday, December 3, 2009

At the finish line..........

I'll start with my starts. My dil loved this yarn. I won it on the Yarn Crawl (a most wonderful weekend in the spring when 23 yarn shops from south of Seattle to the Canadian border all get on a list. We fiber nuts try to go to everyone). This is a Noro no longer available. My own pattern like you can see I know.
My knitting legacy will be she knitted socks and clogs. Well from my eyes more but family and friends that is what I am know for. I was asked for green clogs so here are the start of them.
These next 2 pair of clogs........If anyone remembers the Shawl I did for a friend that needed a hug. She had given me some yarn and I made the shawl and....now clogs for her and her husband. I used the same yarn Knit Picks Memories...Fly Fishing but on this pair a brown
and this pair a blue for the other strand. I plan on giving these to them tomorrow. I know times are tough in her world right now and I just hope this brings a smile and some warmth to her life.

My dil, wanted some fingerless mitts. I casted on Fetching from Knitty. Made a few of these over time.

Drummmm roll, finished items........... Yes, every year I do take pictures of my knitting with my rather small..(ha ha) Christmas Cactus. This will bloom long after Christmas. Started blooming mid November.

I finally did something just for me...me ....me. I so love these elf slippers. I love wearing them and the jingle bell making noise with every step. They fit just perfect, I was worried as we have a front load washer and I felted them a bit too small and had to stretch them out. They fit like a second skin. The start picture........
I plan on wearing them to the Christmas parties we host at our house if I don't wear them out by wearing them all the time. If you are in the neighborhood stop by.



My next cast-on will be this afternoon. A group of us knitters are making an afghan for the Lakewood Police Guild. This has squares for each police officer that was killed last Sunday. The Police Guild gave info (after calling and telling them what we were doing) for each officer so each officer's square(s) will be special. If this one afghan goes like we hope, then each family will also receive one.

I am so touched to be able to be a part of this, I am watching the mailbox for the package of yarn, needles ready, so I can start. Hope I can get pictures of the final afghan to show.

1 comment:

Owlsrook said...

Inspiring Debi, best of luck to all of your group of knitters in completing this wonderfully thoughtful project. I'm sure these will touch many hearts and be well loved.


Brenda in Alberta
Owlsrook on Ravelry