Sunday, May 30, 2010

Finished items for May and things underway

Hey - that rhymed!

May was a productive month! I started and finished Diamond Delight shawl. The yarn is Kauni EQ that I purchased at NH Sheep and Wool Festival – such a fun day! I used about 500 yards for this shawl.

I also started and finished a pair of plain vanilla socks using a yarn from Twisted Fiber Arts – it’s the Ravelry colorway and it’s a base called Shiny – half merino and half Tencel- the yarn really is shiny! I used about 400 yards for these socks.

I finished March Mosaic Socks – the design’s by Wendy Johnson. It’s the March offering from the Loopy Ewe’s sock of the month club this year. The yarn is Fiesta Yarns Baby Boom. I used about 400 yards for this project also.

Since I’ve finished all my sweaters that were OTN, I started two new ones! I started the Tulip Cardigan a couple of weeks ago and it’s slow going because it’s using fingering weight yarn with 3.0 mm needles. I’m using Wollmeise 100% Pinie for the base. Everyday I try to do a few rows.

I also started Myrtle Cardigan by Snowden Becker. It’s so much fun – it’s all lace work. I’m making this in Wollmeise 100%- colorway is Lila Ludmilla

I’m also well underway with a pair of socks by Adrienne Fong called Dewdrops. The first sock is done – like all her patterns, they seem to just fly off the needles. The yarn is Pagewood Farm – St. Elias – in the watermelon colorway which I believe was dyed for theknitter.com’s sock of the month club. I continue loving this club – I do the every other month luxury club. I likely will use around 400 yards for this project.

I also started a pair of Vesper wee skein socks – they’re kind of intriguing. The wee skein kits have 4 skeins of her self-striping yarn that you can knit together anyway you choose. Very fun! I'll post pictures of these and the two sweaters later on.

Edited on Wednesday, June 2 to include WIP pictures!

No comments: