Sunday, July 4, 2010

12/12/12 July 4th socks for Fred



I didn't finish these in time for his birthday due to a massive brain fade mistake of skipping the heel turn and going directly to the gusset section. I was shocked when I realized the error (after thinking the sock was funny looking and decreasing most of the picked up sts) and had to frog back to the top of the heel flap and do the turn. I had been knitting in the middle of the night to finish on time and did finish a few minutes ago which is still July 4th "up over" and July 5th here down under.
I used 2 full skeins of Crystal Palace Panda cotton in delft blue and 25 gms of the red ketchup skein + a bit of cream. At least he will be able to wear them mid-July when he teaches in the tropics in Darwin. :) Thuja pattern for the cuff and plain stockinette below the ankles.

No comments: