Sunday, September 12, 2010

Heart mitts by Suzyknits on rav

I decided to begin this heart mitt pattern on Sept 6th which was the anniversary of when we arrived in Oz 9 years ago. I finished on 9/11. My heart has always been in 2 countries. I dyed them in the crockpot the next day when we had a guest to lunch and I thought I could sneak in a bit of yarn fun since it was my birthday and I figured I deserved more yarn time as a present to myself. Hint: don't cook wool with vinegar if you want your kitchen to be appetizing and appealing. :)

I chose a mixture of dyes to try and capture a peacock neck color. I'm happy to report it is much more accurate in person than my camera can capture. Fun pattern to knit and these fit perfectly. 3 gms left in the 50gm ball of Merino Magic. I don't know why, but I can't get the picture icon to work and add the finished dyed mitts. I will try again later and send this while I can. This isn't my September entry, just one I wanted to show and suggest for gift giving. Free pattern on ravelry titled "I Heart Knitting Mitts".