Wednesday, October 20, 2010

holiday gift for me finished :)






I finished Adrienne's "Forever and a Day" pattern known by my husband as "THE SCARF" and love it. I had 4 gms left from 2 balls of CPY Panda wool/bamboo in ultramarine and it blocked to 10" x 46". Before blocking it was 9.5 x 31.5". I plan to make another for a gift as soon as some mini mochi intense rainbow arrives. That scarf will probably be close to Adrienne's original of 60" length since I will be using the same yarn; the recipient is almost 6' tall so longer will be better for her. I hope to post a picture of it on Susie when I give it to her.

This pattern is a lot of fun to make and the buttonholes and buttons are very easy to line up since the buttons are sewn on top of the opposite buttonholes while closing them. Very clever pattern which I think will be even more fun to knit with mm since the colors change and that keeps me easily entertained. I do love that yarn. :)

2 comments:

jdhforjc said...

I have this pattern in my queque on Ravelry. It looks like fun. Pretty color too!

Kate said...

That's beautiful!