Monday, October 25, 2010

Tretta hat finished (part of holiday gift)




I finished this hat and thought I'd post it before gifting it tomorrow. I hope to eventually get some pics of Susie wearing the 3 hats I plan to make for her. This is the first and the next will be in cotton since summer is close here. I weighed this hat finished and it is 62 gms of Panda wool (knit doubled). Loved making this. Notice how the pattern is a bit like a peacock feather? If you want to knit a gift that looks like you spent a lot of time and effort (and didn't) this is the hat for you. :)

I used a 4mm needle for it and think I'd use a 4.5 next time for someone with hair. It stretches a lot, but I'd like it a bit roomier. Probably the way I knit and I think it will be just fine for Susie's hairless noggin. At the point in the pattern where it was starting the decrease, I measured 6 1/4" instead of the 5 3/4" in the directions. I don't think that is a bad thing. That is 39 rounds at the point of the decrease rounds and it is what it is. :)

I figure 3 hats will count as one holiday gift entry if that is OK with our gurus.

No comments: