Monday, September 12, 2011

Two projects for September!

I fell in love with SpillyJane's Gnome mittens. This is my first stranded colorwork project ever. They aren't perfect and they pucker where the 2 circs met but, when they are on my hands, no one knows but me!
Gnomes!
Gnomes finished
Started: 8-6-11
Finished: 9-4-11
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette in 7 colors
Pattern: Gnome Mittens by SpillyJane
Needles: 3.25mm
Mods: different background pattern and made mitts rather than mittens

My second project is my usual pair of socks. These are for my 13 year old son in his school colors. He wore them to school the day after they were finished and said he was showing them off in math class.
Orange and Black Stripes half done
Orange and Black Stripes
Started: 8-27-11
Finished: 9-6-11
Yarn: Three Ewes Twisted in Fiber Ewe Look Great in Stripes Hazzard County
random black leftovers for heels and toes
Pattern: 76st vanilla sock
Needles: 2.5mm

No comments: