Monday, October 3, 2011

September Prime Time KAL

Good grief where has the time gone? So, kids have finally given me some free time to let me upload pics of my September projects. First is a test pattern knit of a hat for a local designer. It was my first time doing a test knit, and it was a lot of fun. I hope to do more. I think the pattern should be released within the next few weeks. The suggested yarn is a 100% merino superwash wool at 256yds/skein and I used about 65% of the skein, so approximately 175yds (I really need to get a scale). It's a worsted weight yarn, and I used 5mm needles. It's a quick knit, although I did have to concentrate to keep track of the lace and cables.















Second project is made out of Cascade Eco Duo yarn - SO SOFT, wow, this yarn is beautiful. I made the Burberry Inspired Cowl (free pattern on Ravelry) and this was a super quick knit.
This was my first time doing a provisional cast on for a cowl, and when I joined the two ends together I made the first section a little too tight (since I'm used to doing this for socks). So, the first bit of the seam has a ridge, but the remainder was done a little looser and is much nicer. I highly recommend this pattern, I completed this in two days. This is an aran weight yarn, but I wanted it looser and a bit bigger so I used the pattern's recommended needle size of 6mm. I used the full skein of Duo, so 197 yds.



On to October!!

No comments: