Sunday, October 25, 2009

Holiday Kal: Jayne Hat

I finally finished a project that qualifies for the KAL! This wasn't part of my initial list, but a friend of mine FINALLY watched Firefly and wanted a Jayne Hat. So this is my third ever Jayne Hat, but done on a different yarn than the first two. Jayne hats are a super quick knit and only take a day or two to complete.




The yarn is Vanna's Choice this time (Rust, Mustard, and Brick). Vanna's is pretty thick for a worsted weight so doubled it's thicker than a normal bulky weight, in my opinion. I cast on 64 stitches and it is still much bigger than my 70 stitch hat I made for me out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky. Which is good, because my friend has a big head, but still!



I'd initially cast on 80 stitches but it was huge and I had to rip it and cast on with less. The progress pic with just the orange was the original size.

Edit: The pattern I always use for Jayne Hats is this one. =D

2 comments:

adrienne said...

my older son loves "firefly" too. we are not sure why every program we enjoy gets canceled. :(

i have threatened to make him a jayne hat too...although it would have to be different colors as i know that he would NEVER wear the original color combination.

you are now a fully initiated member of this blog: please proceed down to the frog pond with your glass. we have a pitcher of something down there. let me introduce you to the "frogs" - there's "debi," "debbie," "deborah," etc. i have named them all after debi (debi's place)!!!! :D

Calophi said...

I don't know how I feel about a pitcher of "something". XD