Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Pair of Little Girl Shrugs





My March 12m/12p/12boy project was a pair of shrugs for my daughter and my neice. They are 3 months apart, so I made size 2T for both and have yet to decide which one I'm keeping and which I am giving.
The top one is the Whirligig Shrug from Interweave Magazine (winter 2009) and the bottom one is th Little Girl's Shrug from Knitting Pure and Simple. I love the LGS pattern so much. It is super easy, has 5 sizes and can be altered easily to make a cardigan, short sleeved, long, sleeved, lace vs. rib finished edging. I love patterns that can play with.
I made them both with Red Heart Eco-ways Yarn. Not the most glamourous yarn, but soft and machine washable which is just right for toddlers. I used most of 2 balls for both, so about 350 yrds.
Jill (jaerrt on ravelry)

No comments: