Saturday, May 15, 2010

May Project



My May Project was a scarf/wrap for my Mom as it is her Birthday and Mother's day all within a week. I made a scarf called Athabasca Spring by Melissa McColl. It was a free pattern on Ravelry and her scarf was so beautiful that I had to make it. I couldn't find the same yarn here at my LYS, so I improvised. I used the full skein of Punta Merisoft wool (197 yrds) and about half (135 yrds) of Araucania Ruca which is made of 100% sugarcane (who knew you could make yarn out of sugarcane?)(and no it's not sweet.. I licked it to check..LOL).




The result is a beautiful drapey wrap/scarf that would be warm enough on a cool spring/summer evening, or a soft warm scrunched up scarf in the winter. The finished picture doesn't do it justice, but it was the best I could do. The Ruca is so soft and shiny and is a great contrast to the soft, warm Punta wool.

Jill (jaerrt on Rav)

No comments: