Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June's Projects

I almost forgot to post. Time seems  to have a way of slipping by me, way to fast. I knit 2 small shawls and am working on several socks. The sock mojo seems to have gotten lost this month. I just couldn't get the yarn and the pattern to work.
My first shawl is called Triangel by Caroline Lang. I used Noro Kureyon Sock yarn in S233 colorway. I liked how this shawl turned out it was a fast and easy knit. I used it as my travel project.                                                                                               My second shawl was knit for Mom, she wanted something small to take with her make east. I had a hard time to finded the right pattern that worked with this yarn. The yarn came out of a Woolgirl kit Club "The Wizard of Oz" Ruby Red Slippers. The yarn is dyed by Zen Yarn Garden  her Bling yarn with silver. So I needed the right pattern and to make sure that I had enough yarn. I used Seriously Simple Shawl by Wendy D. Johnson, this is a great shawl. I didn't make it quite as large as the pattern because I knew that I would run out of yarn. I ordered another skein and said a little pray that it could be matched. Jen, from Woolgirl, sent me 2 skeins but neither where a good match. So I decided to make the yarn change at the end in the last repeat so over all it doesn't look that bad and if you didn't know about the problem you might not even notice.
Well that's it for this month till next month. Happily knitting

No comments: