Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mini-mochi rainbow socks finished



Mini-Mochi rainbow gridiron socks finished today. I now know I'm officially obsessed with knitting socks. I stayed up very late last night and finished these today on our 42nd anniversary for Fred. Now I need to knit some panda cotton socks for him to wear in Darwin mid-July when it might be in the high 80-low 90F temps. He will wear these as well since he requested them representing the rainbow coast where we live. :) I have a second pair of rainbow mini-mochi to knit with some blue bugga yarn which I might be tempted to do before the cotton depending on which yarn and pattern calls to me. It is winter here and knitting with wool is lovely. Hard to capture the jewel tone colors in this yarn. The pic with just the cuff is more true to the pretty colors. The fraternal twin look was done on purpose since I didn't want a near miss in trying to match them. It was a lot of fun making these and I will definitely make more in the future.

No comments: