Sunday, May 22, 2011

KWTP KAL Tracy Van Wormer



Hollyhock Shawl (aka Taos Shawl)

I changed the name of this shawl because the colors
resemble the colors of the hollyhocks blooming in my back yard. It is a side to side knitted
project, with a 6 stitch basic lace ruffle on one side, and 4 sticth garter border on the other. I used 2 1/2 skeins of Taos # 11. I was afraid of running out of yarn...(not that THAT has ever happened before) so I started with 10 stitches --4 garter border, 4 stockinette, 6 lace border. Then k1f&b in the stitch before the lace pattern on every RS row. I used up one skein on increases, then used the partial skein for the no-increase/straight portion, then one skein for the decrease portion. I ended up with only a few
yards left. This piece looks very "fair isle"...the photos do not do to colors justice. I used size 8 needles, but think I might try a larger needle for better drape. Still, I am happy with the way it turned out.











Ravelry project link

No comments: