Sunday, August 28, 2011

Prime Time KAL - 8/11 WIP & Finished






I made so many little things this month I was trying to decide the best way to post them.... sorry Adrienne, I posted the first WIP picture on 8/11. First I made a baby hat for my friend's grandbaby from the book Head & Toes by Gwen Steege using size 5 and 6 needles and Knit Picks Merino Style Yarn in Cornflower, Petal and Vanilla. I also made a pair of booties to go with the hat using Saartje's Booties with size 3 needles from Ravelry. I think they turned out darling and hopefully will actually fit at the same time. The hat and booties together are approximately 160 yards...

Another friend is having two grandbabies within 2 weeks of each other so I thought it would be fun to make the Berry Baby Hat by Michele Sabatier from Ravelry for the little girl. I used Cotton Fleece in Wisteria and Holly Green and size 7 and 8 needles. I made the Watermelon Hat by Stephanie McPhee for the boy using the same needles and Cotton Fleece in Barn Red and Holly Green. To add to the fun I made a pair of toddler socks for Berry Baby's big sister using the Wisteria yarn and the Party-Time Lace pattern from Knit a Dozen Socks by Edie Eckman. The two hats and toddler socks weighed over 100 grams so it was at least 215 yards. Had fun with all the little projects!



No comments: