Wednesday, August 31, 2011

PrimeTime KAL - August

Just in time..
So I have completed TWO projects for August, and I'm very pleased with myself. Both are socks, yardage for each is approximately 350-375yds as I have a little bit left over from each (hexipuffs!). The first is "Waterfall", and I used Zauberball in a lovely rainbow shade (a friend asked me if I was making pride socks lol). The pattern was great, it was my first toe-up, and I really enjoyed it. I like using 3-4 needles so didn't get fancy with a 2-circular cast-on or anything like that. A plus is that I think I finally figured out my short-rows - yaaayy! Here is the in progress pic

and the finished pic


Second project is just a basic pair of socks, using Regia self-striping yarn. I must say I'm not too impressed with the "self-striping" of this yarn, it was very muddy, and the colours didn't follow a regular pattern. Ah well, they'll make a nice pair of winter warm socks, and I did these top-down which I think I like better than toe-up. It's good to know both techniques though, I think.
Here is the in progress pic


and the finished pic


I actually finished these about a week ago but have limited computer time due to having both of my kids on my internet connection.

No comments: