Sunday, April 19, 2009

52 Week Challenge - Brenda (Owlsrook)


I cast on this new lace scarf last night, using Knit Picks "Shadow" Lace weight yarn, which is 100% Merino Wool and very nice and soft. The Color is called "Jewels".

The pattern is "Lacy Green Scarf" designed by Ginger Smith. It is in the Love of Knitting Magazine, Spring 2009. Since the green lace yarn I have in stash is destined for another project, I decided to use the Jewels color instead, which I think should also set off the pattern well. It is a sampler stitch style of pattern, which uses different stitch patterns for each section of the scarf.

I am about to start the second section now. I am interested to see how it looks when finished and blocked.

Brenda in Alberta

1 comment:

debi's place said...

That is looking really nice. Can't wait to see it done.