Monday, December 28, 2009

December project

I have started a new project with the goal of finishing it by the end of the month. I have credit for 11 months in the 52 week challenge, but the project with both a progress and a finished post does not have enough yardage to qualify for December.

As part of the Ravelry group Sock Knitters Anonymous, one of the options for the December challenge was to knit a sock completely from left overs. I started with a pile of yarn like this.

I've a good start on the sock, and I'm off work this week. There are 8 different yarns in this sock. The slip-stitch pattern is from Barbara Walker's first Treasury

3 comments:

adrienne said...

go, lorraine!!!!!!!! you can do it!

Laura said...

that's fun!

jdhforjc said...

Wow this is such a good idea. I don't have lots of sock yarn yet because I knit them so slow. But, I am saving it up for this!
Jody