Monday, December 28, 2009

here's the twist!!!!

as you all know, our carefree kal blog is generously supported by crystal palace yarns (and we love you, susan!). although, you are not required to knit your projects with crystal palace yarns, we have always encouraged its use with special prizes limited to projects made with cpy yarns.

we have added a twist to the 12 months/12 projects/12 balls of yarn kal. susan has donated an additional prize package of 12 balls of yarn to be awarded to the knitter who knits the most projects with crystal palace yarns during the kal! the projects must contain a minimum of 90% crystal palace yarn to qualify.

so, there you have it...2 prize packages of 12 balls of crystal palace yarn (winners' choice of yarn and color) plus additional prize drawings during the year! what are you waiting for?! january is just around the corner! sign up now!

11 comments:

peacockmom said...

WOW! Susan is certainly being exceedingly generous and I will see how many projects I can knit with CPY yarns. I have more ultramarine coming from the States and it will be fun using it for more items. I love that yarn as well as the mini-mochi. THANK YOU, Susan!!!

SimplyMe said...

I'm waiting for JANUARY!!!!!!

I'm in dire need of patience.

What a great idea (Susan?) Good thing I love the product! (well DUH, or I wouldn't be here, hello!)

How would you like us to do the projects...cos you KNOW I've got a bunch of cotton chenille for shower cloths and I don't think they are worthy of a 1 to 1 ratio. Same thing as the regular yardage?

Nope, I'm not excited, not one little bit!!!

WHOOO HOOOOO!

adrienne said...

yes, cpy projects have same yardage requirement as regular and will be counted as your month's project. these are not in addition to your regular projects.

SimplyMe said...

Thanks for the clarification. That's what I would have GUESSED....but you know.

jaerrt said...

Can't wait until January first...especially after I opened a set of Harmony Wood Interchangables this morning..YEAH! Swatching before New Year's doesn't count as starting does it?????

Jill

adrienne said...

'SWATCHING?!" watch your mouth out with soap...

adrienne said...

wash! i meant to type "wash"! see what you're talk of "sw*tching" did! awk!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimplyMe said...

swatch, swatch, swatch.

LOL

You know I love you Adrienne. I swatch, it's called the first go 'round on a project! :D.

Can you believe I've started MULTIPLE projects because I MUST BE INSANE?!?!?!? Eh. Why not. Life's short. Knit faster.

jaerrt said...

LOL. This girl's only been knitting for a short time. I'm not good enough or patient enough to not swatch for a sweater for myself. (I have a 6month size sweater I'm still waiting for my 2 year old to fit into!!!!) LOL

Laura said...

hmmm. am i eligible?

adrienne said...

why wouldn't you be? of course, i have doubts about you being able to finish a real project each month. i know your "track record!" LOL!

dr laura is not a threat in this competiton!

ok-for you to qualify for the special prize drawing, you have to purchase the yarn. no freebies from our sponsor! MY BAD!!!!!!