Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 2010 12/12/12 KAL












Well, this was a busy knitting month for me... but I really screwed up because I made two scarves that I did not take progress pics of. But the things that do count are the socks for my granddaughter. My gosh she has long feet! She is 5 1/2 years old and the socks are 8 1/4 inches long! The pattern called for 175 yardage for a 7 inch foot so I am safe there. Used the Sirdar Snuggly Magic yarn and size 3 dpn. Then I made two scarves out of the Feather Yarn by Caron. Each scarf had 70 yards plus the little bits of added glitz. I added gold fun fur to the burgundy one and Crystal Palace Fizz to the blue one. I used large needles - size 13. So I am good on the yardage. I will add the finished pics of the two scarves that don't count. The black is fun fur and the gold yarn is Crackle with gold fun fur. I also added 4 1/2 inches to my grandsons sweater from a year ago. Wow... busy for me. Happy Knitting to all of you. Renee' aka yoyosocksister.

No comments: