Sunday, July 31, 2011

July PrimeTime KAL

So here is my project for July - a cardigan in Madelintosh Tosh Merino Light in colour Logwood (a really nice purple). I used roughly 1300 yards. The endless stockinette was a little hard to handle but I think it's going to be a nice sweater to throw on for those cool nights. Pattern is "Abigail" by Cecily Glowik MacDonald. I've purchased a few of her patterns but this is the first that I've finished one. I think I'd like to make this again, but with a few changes - the increases on the front should have been done inside the first stitch. Makes it easier to pick up I think when doing the collar. My pickups look a little rough as I tend to be a little looser on the edge when I purl back. I think I did the collar about 4 times in total before I was happy with the number of stitches and how it looked.

No comments: