Wednesday, November 30, 2011


Ok so here is my project for November: another test knit for SweetGeorgiaYarns of a sock pattern with a lovely lace pattern that looks like trees. The pattern is still a WIP (the second test knit is ongoing) but I'm sure it will be available for purchase soon. The yarn I used is the SGY Silk Crush Sock in colourway English Ivy. Unfortunately the pattern is a little difficult to see without being blocked, but alas no sock blockers yet for me. I've included a picture of it being modeled. I have very little yarn left, and there was 375yds on the ball, so I'd say they took around 350yds. 2 weeks start to finish.

I also have my October projects. Somehow the fates conspired against me and I lost the pictures I took of my projects. However, I just found them buried in a folder so am uploading them now - better late than never!

The first is a pair of short socks using the pattern "Breeze", a freebie from, and I used 200yds of SGY Superwash Sock in Picnic Pop. These turned out very cute.

Second October project was a simple scarf using 1 skein of AslanTrends Royal Alpaca - 220yds. The pattern doesn't have a name, it's just something thrown together by the Yarn Harlot on one of her blogs. This will make a nice christmas present.

No comments: