Sunday, March 29, 2009

2 more for March

A sad pair of socks in a way. I knitted these as Chemo Socks. I wanted a neighbor to have comfy feet. She has a lot of scarves so socks seemed to be what I could do to help. I used Adrienne's 'Round Robyn House pattern. But, I did them toe up. I thought that Ida should be able to see the bird houses from her view of her feet. I used a yarn that is both machine washable and dryable. I thought that way it was less stress on anyone doing her laundry. I hope she gets to wear them out and I have to knit her new ones that are not sad socks.
Then I did a pair for me. Found a pattern I loved and grabbed a yarn I had never tried but loved the color. Yarn was purchased to be a shawl. But, I am loving these socks. Not seen in picture but I did an EOP toe to match the heel. I Love these socks.
Well off to see what else to cast on. So many patterns...................

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Love those deep colours Debi, I am sure your friend will love her new socks and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Both patterns are really nice (now I have to add two more patterns to my must do list).

rita said...

I love those colors! What pattern did you use for the blue socks? It's gorgeous!

debi's place said...

Thanks for the kind comments.


http://www.von-stroh-zu-gold.de/muster/

Pattern used for the blue socks. Watch as row 9 is missing a yarn over.