Friday, April 3, 2009

Falling Leaves socks



I started this terrific pattern by Nancy Whitman a couple of days ago and have decided to frog it and use the yarn for her other pattern, Green Goddess. The yarn is Cascade Heritage paints and I think the leaves would show better in a more solid or tone on tone color yarn. I have lots of Patonyle and will use some of it to knit this pattern. I thought you might like to see it though and profit from my error in yarn choice. You can see the leaves close up in the pics, but not really on the leg due to the yarn. It looks like the darker picture.
I am very impressed with this designer's ability. Her clearly written patterns are right up there with my other favorites, Adrienne Fong and Anne Hanson.
The yarn is the same I used to finish the toe on the 2nd Tesserae sock. I did run out of the other colorway of Heritage for that pair and needed 5 extra gms to finish. When Fred gets back from town I will take a pic of him wearing the socks and post so you can see my April project.

2 comments:

peacockmom said...

I forgot to mention that Nancy's website is broken and the way to purchase her patterns is to either email her at Nancy@whitknits.com or search for her patterns or name on ravelry and send her a message that way. She answered me promptly and sent an invoice to my email to use paypal payment directly to her since there wasn't any other way (yet) to get her patterns.

SimplyMe said...

very cool, thanks for letting us know how to get that pattern. It sure is pretty.