Sunday, April 25, 2010

Catching up on started projects

Green Scarf
This was started in January, as mindless knitting. The yarn is Noro Matsuri, a cotton/wool blend that I got in our knitting guild holiday exchange. Two balls will make a nice scarf. The pattern is the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf. The needles are glass size 8 that I got at a TKGA convention, actually, I won 1 needle as a door prize and bought the other one.

Secret Sparkles Socks
These are another Ravelry SKA challenge. They fit both the online magazine and the Cookie A pattern requirements. I'm using Dream in Color Starry in Midnight Derby Color. The pattern is from Knitty, Clandestine Socks. Needles are Kollage square needles in US #1/2.25 mm. I should have bought the 7" length to fit my hands better, rather than 5", but I like the needles. They are not slippery, but are rather like bamboo or the KnitPicks Harmony needles.

Turtle
My knitting guild has a toy competition every May. The toys are donated. I'm knitting a turtle from Knitted Toys by Fiona McTague. No pictures now.

No comments: