Saturday, April 3, 2010

Finished March Project




I found this pattern on Ravelry and was really taken by it. It is the Mystery Sock '09 from Through the Loops. I had made a pair of socks for my Mom and my Grandmother demanded a pair so these are for her.

I really, really, really like this pattern. The small cuff detail, ropes down side of foot that continue down heel, the foot pattern that ends in an almost heart on the toe. This pattern is fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone.

This is also the first time I have used the Panda Soy yarn from Crystal Palace and I am in love with it. It is my current favorite (sorry Malabrigo!). It is unbelievably soft and silky and the pattern dapples wonderfully. I used two balls of the Hazelnuts color (about 360 yards). Fantastic project that I am extremely proud of!

The foot model is my Mom by the way. She is in town visiting after my hospital stay in March and for Easter. I have to watch her like a hawk so she doesn't snatch them!

2 comments:

peacockmom said...

So glad you are out of the hospital, back home and knitting! I can see why you are proud of these and your choice of yarn and pattern are a great combination.
I have a couple of balls of Panda Soy and will be knitting a pair of socks for myself with it. The yarn is about to be cast on and you've inspired me to start them today.
Happy Easter to you, your mom and grandmother.
I need to look up this pattern on rav now...

Unknown said...

The socks are great and I love the color!