Saturday, January 15, 2011

January done...almost!

I finished the First Grade socks





but after all the math, discovered I only used ~245 yards of yarn, dagnabbit! I altered the pattern slightly by making a slip stitch heel flap and doubled the lace ruffle pattern to make it even more girly-girl-ish for my own first-grader. To put me over the top yardage-wise, I'm also making the Flirty Ribbon Purse from "101 Designer One-Skein Wonders" using a different kind of novelty yarn from the pattern's suggestion which will hopefully have a nice ruffle around the top when all is said and done. My yarn options here in Italy are quite limited so I work with what I can find.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

the socks are definitely girly girl! your daughter must be thrilled!!!!

jdhforjc said...

that is the greatest "book" (not cd!) EVER!

CloseAcademy said...

I love those socks. They are so girly.