Friday, January 14, 2011

January Primetime Post


I had an idea in mind for a little "boy" sweater as so many friends are having babies and they are all boys. I have been browsing for a top-down, seamless, striped cardi and have been unable to find it. So, while on the Yarn Harlot's blog, I came across her posting of just a sweater that she had "improvised" from a vintage pattern. Sooooo, I thought, surely I have made enough top down sweaters that I can give it a go myself. It took about 4 cast ons, 2 complete froggings and 3 sleeves (haha) and I finished it, with it looking pretty decent and hopefully will fit about 3-6 months baby.

I used Wool Ease and nearly a full ball of each. The sweater weighs about 150gm , so about 350 yrds of yarn. I am really happy with the results and will keep playing with my notes until I get it just right!

Finished Project

Jill (jaerrt on Ravelry)