Monday, February 28, 2011
So, my February primetime got off to a rough start. I picked a project, cast on, knitted away happily... and then I tried it on. Ugh. Too small - got frogged. I think it'll become a sweater for the other half (it's the Cascade Eco wool - really nice, I think he'll like it).
So, project #2 for February needed to be something quick, easy and useful. I had been dying to make the Lanesplitter skirt ever since I saw it up on Knitty, but I just couldn't justify the cost of the yarn. Lucky for me, it came on sale (half price) at elann.com so I snatched up what I needed and cast on for the skirt.
I have to say - this skirt was a lot of fun. And it was fast. Alternating the skeins every two rows and getting the colors to not match was a bit of a challenge as some of the colour changes lasted longer than others. I think it turned out rather well though, and I'm looking forward to wearing it. I have a pair of black suede boots that will look awesome, just need black tights, and of course for the snow to melt! Oh and for the yarn details - it used 6 balls of Noro Kureyon, at 100m/ball, so I got the required monthly yardage - yaay!