Saturday, March 5, 2011

ALL ABOUT ME....again -- tvanwormer



I have decided that I just can't part with my project -- So I am going to make it an ALL ABOUT ME KAL Project. I know that I posted a progress photo as my March KAL project, but if it is oki....I would like to switch. So here it is all done:




I started out with the Meadow Bolero pattern, then switched the linen stitch on too for stockinette. I knit a little longer on the top portion, and then increased the stitches slightly before the stitch change to make it a little more empire. The lower pattern is called little waves, another switch from what was originally called for. But I wanted a scalloped edge. I finished the bottom with 3 rows of garter. The sleeves were picked up, I added about 10 stitches for a total of 64 stitches and repeated the little wave pattern for a total of 8 more rows, then 3 rows garter.

All this is with James Brett Marble Chunky on 10.5 needles. I used about 1.3 balls - each skein is about 341 yards...so I made the min yardage. Here is the wip photo:


2 comments:

Brenda said...

I really like the style and pattern stitch choices you make for this project. It looks great.

tvanwormer said...

Thanks Brenda!