Friday, March 11, 2011

All About Me All Done!

I knit this lovely little capelet, but didn't use enough yarn so I added the lace edging which also keeps the edge from rolling up and gives it a personal touch.






 
 Unfortunately, I still hadn't used the requisite 300 yards so I decided to whip up this quick beret to match.  However, it was neither quick, nor "Barely There" as the pattern name suggests.  I used more than 300 yds for the hat alone, even cutting the pattern a bit short.  It called for a double strand of mohair which I think was overkill, honestly.  At least is should keep my head warm next winter.


Barely there?
By the photo, you'll see my son doesn't like it, either!  Oh well...knit and learn!

1 comment:

adrienne said...

that face gave me a chuckle! LOL! you can tell he is really "happy" being your model!