Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Socks




This seems to be the year of the sock. Here are the progress and completed photos of some plain socks I just finished. The leg is just 2x2 ribbing with a stockinette foot. The yarn is Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Galaxy Color in blue with teal and pink. I used most of 2 skeins of yarn, about 400 yards. I love them! I also started some alpaca socks for my daughter who needs warm socks when she is outside in cold New England riding her horses. This yarn is Misti Alpaca Hand Painted Sock Yarn, and I am reinforcing the heel so she doesn't wear them out too quickly. When I asked her how long she wanted the leg, she couldn't find a tape measure or ruler, so she told me "9 piano keys". Interesting way to measure! I had to go measure the keys on my piano!

No comments: