Monday, October 13, 2008

2 down 5 to go!

My first two Christmas presents are done.

I made the Jacques Cousteau hat for my 19 yo brother who does a lot of running in mornings and evenings. I wanted something that he could wear to keep his ears warm while he runs.
The hat is really simple mostly just a 2x3 rib. The decreases at the top make the ribbing spiral. I used 227 yards of Knitpicks Swish DK in Charcoal.

Oops, Just Kidding. The hat doesn't count for this. I made it before October 1st. I forgot. The scarf does count.

The second present is for my MIL. It is the Tiger Eyes Lace Scarf using Madelinetosh Sock in the Baltic colorway. I used 264 yards. This was a nice quick knit, interesting, but not too complicated. I am planning on making one for myself soon.

3 comments:

debi's place said...

Very nice. I like it.

adrienne said...

gorgeous scarf! glad to hear that the colors stopped bleeding.

Melissa Lemmons said...

Thanks Adrienne. I just kept rinsing until the water ran clear. I do love how springy the yarn is. I am going to make myself a pair of anklets with the leftovers.