Thursday, January 15, 2009

carefree ufo kal and cpy 52 week challenge kal sign-ups

we will be starting the carefree ufo kal soon. we hope you want to play!

if you started and posted about a project for the carefree holiday or not kal and you want to participate in the carefree ufo kal, then you don't have to do anything. you are already signed up and ready to play. we will continue to use this blog for the next kal.

if you didn't start a project and are already a member of this blog, then you need to let us know either by commenting on this post or emailing laura that you want to play along. if we don't hear from you by january 15th, then we will be removing your name from the sidebar.

if you aren't a member of our carefree kal blog family and want to play, please email laura and we will get an invite out to you asap!

we will be running two kals concurrently. one will be the "ufo" kal which will run until sometime in march. and of course, there will be prizes; once again generously donated by susan and crystal palace yarns. so remember to give big smoochies to susan. isn't she wonderful?!

the other will be a 52 week kal with the challenge of finishing one project (?) per month (we are still working on the details). there will be a grand prize with 52 prizes (some big, some small) which will be awarded by random drawing should there be more than one person completing this challenge.

please let us know which kals you want to join. we will be posting two separate lists on the sidebar.

...mumbling to self...ufo's. who the heck has ufo's? so what if the socks don't match. one sock on each foot makes a pair...mumble, mumble....

10 comments:

Bianca said...

I guess I will be playing in both Kal's in that case :-)

sailorcross said...

I'll be wanting to participate in both KAL's. I do have some UFO's, but I also have new projects to start--am I nuts or what???

Beth

Jane said...

Both for me too.

Cathy said...

I'll participate in both KALs!

I have some single socks that need mates for the UFO KAL and I have lots of new projects that I want to start in 2009 for the 52 week challenge.

These KAL's are great motivation to complete projects!!

SimplyMe said...

Both, please.

and heck yeah, two unmatching socks makes a pair!!!! Geesh. Are both feet warm? I thought so!!!

Hey, can I still be number 71? I've grown attached!!!

maz said...

I am in for both, complementing the strong european team :-)
There are so many projects on the needles, planned or hibernating...

VeganCraftastic said...

I'm in, this sounds like a great idea!

Lorraine said...

I'm in for the 52 week challenge. I started the year with 2 unfinished projects and one longer term UFO. I've already finished one project and will finish a second tomorrow.

rita said...

I'd like to play in both KALs, please. I have SO many UFOs. So far this year I've finished one sock and started the second.

And what if we happen to LIKE to wear two totally different socks, even if the yarn is different in each? I mean, isn't that a pair?

Just joking, since I don't have SSS anyway. Yet.

Unknown said...

I sent you an email . . . but just to make sure . . . I want to be in both too, please.