Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Yankee Fox Mike socks

I've started Anne Hanson's "Gridiron" pattern with Socka 1776 yarn for my husband to wear when he enters our plane in an international air show in Melbourne this coming March. Our call sign in Yankee Fox Mike and the plane is white with a blue belly, white top and red trim and letters.
This pattern is a fast knit and interesting enough to avoid boredom, but easy enough to knit during a good mystery program.
Meanwhile, I am almost finished with the first Sweetie Pie sock (another fast knit) and have about 3 of Adrienne's socks on other needles. Do you think I have a bad case of second sock syndrome? LOL And I bought 2 more patterns this afternoon and can hardly wait to begin those. At the rate I'm going, I can wait for the next year's UFO KAL and be ready and organized. :)

2 comments:

adrienne said...

are you sure you don't want to play with the ufo kal too?! definitely sounds like you qualify! lol!

rita said...

I love those socks! A couple of years ago I bought some similar (hand-dyed) yarn on etsy and made one pair for my sister. I have another ball to make a pair for myself, but I haven't done it yet.

Good luck in March!