Friday, January 16, 2009

My January 2009 52 Week KAL Project

Really I didn't copy Jane, ok maybe I did, but I saw these slipper son her blog and HAD to make a pair. I of course am not as talented as she is and my slippers came out HUGE. I used 1 full skein of one color and 1/2 half a skein of the two contrasting colors, for a total of 440 yards of Patons Classic Wool Merino. Here are the photos, of progress, before felting and after felting... Oh and I made a mistake too, can you see it?









Aunt Kathy
(gimpykatk on Ravelry)

3 comments:

adrienne said...

well, they did look slightly familiar when i looked. i may need to make a pair. they do look warm and cozy.

mistake? what mistake? design feature, right?!

Laura said...

how wonderful!

Redraobwons77 said...

After seeing yours, I had to make them too, lol. I am using the same yarn, did you make any adjustments to the pattern? What size were you aiming for, and do they feel thick enough?