Friday, February 20, 2009

52 week challenge











I have some mini mochi and I wanted to knit some socks. I love the colors in the ball. But even with the long color repeats, I still don't like stripes too much. I played around with some patterns. Then I came across an ornate geometric design, but that was too busy for this yarn. Simpler is better, and here is the result. A hexagonal motif sock with fairly thin seams. Maybe call it 'Kaleidoscope Socks'. Looks funy flat, but fits nicely. I'll unravel the plain sock to make the second one.

8 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Wow. I'd be willing to buy the pattern if you write it up. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

VeganCraftastic said...

Those are really cool!

adrienne said...

that is very interesting construction! i am truly impressed. those are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Wow! those are beautiful. Almost too beautiful to wear! Great job and interesting pattern.

peacockmom said...

WOW! It looks so understated and elegant, but probably very complicated to make. What a terrific looking sock. You certainly are clever and the pattern and yarn make a great combination. I bet we will all want to be casting on for this one when/if you write up the pattern. :)

Radka said...

thank you everyone. yes I will be writing up a pattern.

Brenda said...

Wow, those are spectacular.

Brenda said...

Wow, those are spectacular.