Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sock Madness

Sock Madness. Yes it is. Adrienne talked me into competing in this craziness. So Thurs March 19 the pattern was released. I got knitting about 6 am PST.
The yarn is Sock that Rock in the colorway Jasper. This is yarn that I have had stored in my stash for many years. Below is a progress picture along with the pattern. Tropical Mer-tini.
Here is a completed picture.. I did finish the socks in time that I will be allowed to move on to Round 2.
I was worried about running out of yarn. I had maybe 3 -5 yards left over. These socks must be knitted as per pattern. They have to be a min. length cuff and for a size 7 or larger.

6 comments:

peacockmom said...

Amazing! Did you do anything other than knit for all that time? Beautiful yarn and the socks look so nice and comfy.

debi's place said...

I ate grapes and baby carrots. My husband made dinner. I knitted these in one day. So yeah I knitted most of the time. They are very comfy socks.

peacockmom said...

LOL about your husband making the "dinner". At least it was healthy! I'd hate to think of what mine would serve. :)
Beautiful job on the socks. I can't imagine doing it all in one day, but then Adrienne can certainly be persuasive, can't she?! Did she talk other knitters into knitting a pair in one day, too? The mind boggles at the thought...

adrienne said...

i didn't tell her that she needed to finish this pair in one day. she did it all by herself. in fact, i told her she didn't have to hurry this round. debi is too modest to say that she was the first out of 199 knitters to finish this sock.

i may tell her that she needs to finish in one day when she gets to the final 2 last round though. see how confident i am. i know that debi knits like the wind!!!

go, debi!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda said...

Nice Work Debi!! Those needles were smokin'. Love the Socks that Rock Yarns, they are so nice to knit with and the colours......oh hold me back and hide my credit card!!

debi's place said...

Thanks, they did go quick. I am waiting very nicely for the next round. Which should be in about 2 weeks.