Saturday, May 23, 2009

Anything Goes project



I love this additional KAL. I think we will all get many more ideas from these shared projects. I started this fingerless mitt yesterday morning (5/22 here) and finished the first one (shown on Fred's hand) this morning. He has not taken it off yet and it is 4PM here as I write this. We've had freezing cold weather and he is patiently waiting for the second one. I used 65 yds of Heirloom Merino Magic 8 ply for this first mitt. So the pair will be 130 yds. I did extend the length by 5 more rows and if I hadn't, I probably could have made the pair with just the one ball. 50 gms has approx 105 m. Pattern is Green Thumb by Diana Foss. Easy to follow and a fast knit. Round 25 has an error at the beginning of the written instructions. Should read K2 instead of K1. I think the chart has no errors.

2 comments:

jdhforjc said...

wow, those are so cool. I wish my hubby would like the knitting thing as much. After Sock Wars I am on a total make family stuff (and my first pair of socks of course!) I keep saying I will make a pair for me. Sock Wars not only kicked my brain into socks but my fingers too. Done with one pair and will post soon! Too bad I am not keeping them, bye-bye yesterday to my target. Will post when camera is fixed.

Redraobwons77 said...

Ooooo, I like the pattern! Very cool (or warm, as the case may be). :o)