Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May set of projects for 52 week KAL

I have finished my May projects for the 52 week KAL:

A skinny Noro scarf, using Brooklyn Tweed's Noro Striped Scarf pattern, but only 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden (colors 47 and 84).
05.16.09 003

Cast on: 4/10/09 (cast on post here)
Finished: 5/14/09
Yaradge: 220 yards

Circle Cloth dishcloth (pattern here)
05.16.09 001

Cast on: 4/28/09 (cast on post here)
Finished: 5/16/09
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream in Rosewood and Dark Pine
Yardage: 75 yards

Honeycomb Dishcloth (pattern here)

Cast on: 5/16/09 (This is also the cast on post because this was a quick knit!)
Here's the cast on photo:
05.19.09 001

Finished: 5/18/09
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream in Sage Green and Grape
Yardage: 75 yards
Front of dishcloth:
05.19.09 002
Back of dishcloth:
05.19.09 003

This is a great pattern once you get the hang of it. It's a little tricky at first, and doesn't look like it's working, but if you're careful and follow it correctly, after a couple repeats it starts to take shape! (I did have to frog and re-start once, but I got it on the second try!!)

Total yardage so far for May: 370 yards - so I earned my "Y"!

I am awaiting the final clue on my Panda Soy mystery socks. It will be posted on Friday and then I need to knit both legs. Not sure yet if this will be an additional May project or slide into June. Here's my progress after clue 2:
05.12.09 007

Clue 3 was turning the heel, which is done on both socks, but I haven't taken a picture!

Meanwhile, while I am waiting for the next clue, I decided to pick up one of my UFO's that I didn't complete during the UFO KAL! The Tofutsies socks are once again in progress...

Knit on everyone!! :-)

1 comment:

jdhforjc said...

I love your Noro scarf. Watch out once you start wearing it you will get orders! I have made four now. Congrats on the month projects.
Jody